GBS to Your Area
You've read about Getting Beyond the System.
You're ready to learn to take control, set goals, and make connections
to your future. The question is now: How do I sign up?
This is a great opportunity for you to bring
the GBS program to your agency. All you need to do is advocate for
it. Here’s how:
1. Check out Youth Advocacy Center’s website
and sign up for our newsletter to learn more about the GBS Seminar.
2. Figure out how the GBS Seminar can help your agency
achieve its mission.
3. Decide which staff member at your agency would
have the interest and authority to help you institute GBS. Schedule
a meeting with this person.
4. Create an agenda outlining your presentation for
this meeting. This could include information about the GBS Self-Advocacy
model, reasons GBS would fit in well at your agency, how GBS is
aligned with the agency’s mission, and why this person in
particular should help you establish a new program. Feel free to
contact Youth Advocacy Center for more suggestions regarding this
5. Meet with the staff member and convince him or
her to take an interest in bringing GBS to the agency.
6. Together, contact Youth Advocacy Center to
get more information about how agencies replicate the GBS Seminar.